Thursday, May 30, 2013

Life is Far From Comedy


Inspired by the humour of everyday dialogue, Smrithi Amarendran had no other go but to let out her creativity using the medium of theatre.

This young tom-boy-esque lass hardly had any hesitations of owning a theatre group. An introvert in school, she says, “It was my college, MOP Vaishnav, that mirrored the real ‘me’ and probably my hidden talents to myself,” says the director who started off with a spoof on Ramayana in college. Caricatture Productions, as she named it, thereby came up as a toast to friendship amongst the last benches of the college classroom.

Year 2010 recognised her as a debut director through her full length play, Whole Lotta Love, a romantic comedy. “This was like a turning point in my life, which made me pretty confident as to what I wanted to do. It brought to my notice snippets of a professional life like, patience is the name of the game,” reveals Smrithi. This was followed by an adaptation of The Addams family at Museum Theatre and an interactive murder mystery comedy, Murder Me Always, both of which became runaway hits.

Read more

For more information about a wonderful romantic comedy please visit What Would Meg Do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment